Full time | Isle of Man
Due to the ongoing growth of our business, we are seeking an individual to join us as a Client Accountant, to support our reputable corporate and trust business in the Isle of Man.
Reporting to the Group Finance Director, if successful you will perform a range of bookkeeping and accounting services to a large client portfolio of companies and trusts, including those involved in maritime, aviation and property. You will be responsible for:
– reviewing and maintaining accounting records for trust and company clients;
– preparing company and trust management accounts
– preparing financial statements;
– analysing financial information and the preparation of other financial reports, as required;
– calculations for and preparation and submission of tax/VAT returns, reporting and other tax requirements; and,
– liaison with the relevant authorities and organisations for the effective and efficient accounting of client entities, including but not limited to tax/VAT authorities and auditors.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced accountant and will hold:
– an ACA or ACCA qualification
– 5+ years’ experience within a similar role within a CSP/TSP environment
– Experience in accounts preparation
– knowledge of different types of trusts and companies and their accounting/reporting requirements
– good all round knowledge of appropriate legislation, regulation and industry best practice
– understanding of AML and CFT legislation and requirements
Knowledge of the maritime and aviation sectors as well as other jurisdictions is desirable but not necessary. Experience with VT accounting software will also be beneficial.
The successful candidate must have strong organisational and time management skills, a professional and positive approach to their work, be able to communicate effectively with clients and staff alike, have excellent customer service and people skills, diligent attention to detail and work well as part of a team.
We offer a competitive remuneration package, commensurate with experience as well as an attractive benefits package.
If you would like more information or would like to apply for this role, please send your CV with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.